Thursday, January 31, 2013


Sharp Edges By Kristen Middleton

I was really intrigued from the start of the book... the expert had me wanting what the heck was going on. I was like Mystery and Romance of COURSE I am in!
Starting in the journey the characters were really easy to make a connection Lindsey and her perfect American family and her just recently divorced best friend Darcy (real world problems) and a super-HOT neighbor a cop (of course) Jake.
We see that Lindsey’s life is not all what it is cracked up to be and now she is available (and also a single mom with 2 teenagers) for that delicious piece of hot hunk across the street.

With that in play Lindsey and her big heart get her in trouble when she reaches out to help a pregnant woman and her little girl she meets briefly from an abusive relationship. When Lindsey asks her new cop buddy Jake for help things go downhill, we learn that the abusive husband is also in law enforcement. But now someone is threating her and her children’s lives and they are not playing around.

Now that we have more 1 on 1 time with Jake and Lindsey things get steamy and he is crazy for her and she is sure not quite what to do. Darcy has a few good ideas thou LOL and shares them with Lindsey even if she wants to hear them or not. That is what BFF’s are for right?

The twist was really good in this book and you see the steam rise from the encounters between Lindsey and Jake. Once I knew who the bad guy was then it wasn’t which was great.

Some of this book did not sit well with me when love ones were murdered I did not feel that there was any real emotion. I mean I would be downright crazy blubbering idiot … thou she may have been just trying to be strong for her kids.

I felt that towards the end of the book it was rushed and felt kinda off but then maybe there is another book in the wings. I would really love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment