Monday, January 14, 2013

City of Ashes

City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


I was trying to figure out what it is about Clary that bugs me, and then, half way through City of Glass, it came to me! Wait for it...

Clary is an over-sharer. Unlike a lot of protagonists in mystery/suspense novels, Clary doesn't keep it all locked up. You know that type of hero I'm talking about; they play it so close to the sleeve that by the time we reach the climax, the only people who the bad guy is, is our hero and her houseplant/cat. Then it's up to our antisocial hero with intimacy issues to work it out herself.

Not so with Clary. No, Clary likes to tell characters she met five minutes ago her business. Sigh. So dumb. Why doesn't she just give them her social security card and her debit pin while she's at it?


Oh, and could Valentine be more cliche? I doubt it. I know that Jace makes fun that the only thing missing from Valentine is and evil laugh while stroking his mustache, but yeah, that's the point--he's totes cliche, ya'll.

Alrighty. I might have to take a break from this series after book three. I grow bored.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment