Friday, June 29, 2012

Caught in a Bad Romance

Tempted by the Highland WarriorTempted by the Highland Warrior by Michelle Willingham
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Every once in a while I decide that I need to read a good romance. They are good for the soul. How I've decided this bit of wisdom doesn't really matter. Let's just say I have amassed quite a collection of romances following my own sage advice. So, when I was offered the chance to read Tempted By The Highland Warrior, I said, "Sure!"

Overall I was fairly disappointed in this book. The writing left a lot to be desired. There was very little description of the overall surroundings, which resulted in a generic feel. I kept thing about the opportunities Willingham was overlooking.
Similarly, the characters were horribly simple, which was likewise distracting.

If you are looking for depth and character development, don't look here. Willingham misses the mark, having written a luke warm romance with a predictable outcome. Advance Reader Copy provided by Halequin Publishing.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment